UA-25542492-1

Press Release

For further information on having your product featured on my Blog- contact me; Pamela at mapam30@yahoo.com

Thank-you


Sunday, January 15, 2012

28 Day plan--update

If you've read any of my last few post you know I've been really inspired by Dr.Oz. 28-Day plan...if you need to catch up CLICK HERE




Well after reading and wanting to do EVERYTHING I so my  New Years Resolution is to follow the plan. In reading I found a few steps that I just wanted to rearrange....for me it just made the plan flow better so today I'm sharing Day 3 & 7.
 
Day 3 Cook for your Heart

Promote good blood flow by incorporating these foods in to your meals. Salmon, Tomatoes, Garlic, and Lima Beans.
Salmon is full of omega-3--works like your arterial handyman. Tomatoes are good for your blood pressure. Garlic is though to protect from harding of the arteries and Lima Beans contain magnesium that's good for easing any stress on your heart.




A new lunch for me now is a piece of salmon with a hearty salad  lots o tomatoes,and a BIG glass of water. YUM  =^D



Day 7 Write every bite scribble every nibble!!!!!

Write down EVERYTHING!!!! Even the bites you take while cooking!!!!
Its so EZ to mindlessly munch! People who keep track of every bite have been shown to loose twice as much as those who don't.



I got myself a mini composition book and jot every thing down...if I grab something while I'm out or without the book---write it down ASAP---along with that my trainer said I should have a glass of water before every meal, so I have water at the top of my page and tally every cup-- I SHOULD have 3 glass for sure...an interesting side note from  Mayo Clinic.com

Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water.



So how much fluid does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? The Institute of Medicine determined that an adequate intake (AI) for men is roughly 3 liters (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. The AI for women is 2.2 liters (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day.


 If you exercise or engage in any activity that makes you sweat, you need to drink extra water to compensate for the fluid loss. An extra 400 to 600 milliliters (about 1.5 to 2.5 cups
 
 
I strive for at least 5 cups of water and 2 glass of juice...remember you're getting fluids from fruits and veggies too and even the not so good drinks like coffee, soda ,beer and wine all have water.



I hope if you read these post you'll be incouraged to take these small steps -- I know they will make BIG differences.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I definitely am striving to drink more water. visiting from vB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the water! I started focusing on this this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "scribble what you nibble"--Love that! Good Luck with the plan. And, Lima Beans, huh? I like Lima beans. :) I need to drink more water, too. That was one thing I need to work on. Again, good luck! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. writing you intake down is zoo revealing! and sup rising! I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah...you caught me nibbling while I read your post! These are great reminders! The 28-day plan sounds awesome! Good luck--I'll probably join you on some of the days! ;)

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. My best New Year's diet motivation is reading articles like yours! I always learn something new. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I learned the write every bite at Weight Watchers and found that it was very valuable. Congrats on your journey.
    http://dreesthings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great Pamela! I'm on my new year kick too. We'll see how long it lasts!;)

    ReplyDelete

love to hear your thoughts......

Pin It


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...