UA-25542492-1

Press Release

For further information on having your product featured on my Blog- contact me; Pamela at mapam30@yahoo.com

Thank-you


Thursday, January 19, 2012

28 Day Day 9 & 10


Day 9: Get More Sleep

Forget counting sheep. There are so many other ways to get a good nights sleep
Try having a cup of chamomile tea, listening to a book on tape, or you could follow(as I have)
Danica Patrick's trick-

"There's nothing better than wintertime sleep that feels like hibernation, so I always make the room a few degrees cooler before bed. My surroundings also have to be really dark. I even cover my digital clock."








I've found I'm not one who needs much sleep on a daily basis, but I've noticed a HUGE difference making the room dark really does make the most of the 6 or so hours.




Day 10: Meditate

Long embraced for its stress-busting powers, meditation has also been shown to lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol. If sitting solo for five minutes a day seems more baffling than blissful, use these tools to strengthen your om
How to Meditate (Sounds True): On five CDs, renowned meditation teacher and Buddhist nun Pema Chödrön shares hours of information and guided meditations that develop your skills, as well as tips for silencing distractions.

Insight Timer: The app's chime notifications make closed-eye meditation easier (no need to check the clock), while a world map connects you with a community of users meditating at the same time.

A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook (New Harbinger): Perfect for beginners, this step-by-step guide is loaded with exercises and space for recording daily reflections. Your initial ranking of life's stressors becomes a reference for measuring your progress.







Taking time out for reflection has help in mind,body and soul too.
I've noticed I can exercise with more ease, helps with focus & concentration and increased acceptance of oneself.






6 comments:

  1. I have loved meditating since I was in my teens. At first it was so difficult to get into but once I figured out what I was doing wrong it became the best stress-reliever ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could meditate! No matter how hard I try... my mind always wonders and starts thinking of what I need to do next... so much for meditating! However... I must get my sleep and do need it pitch black. It makes a world of a difference. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't meditate either! But i do believe in making the room as dark as possible. I also love a cool room, but during the winter, I have to have my heated blanket turned all the way up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to have my bedroom dark to go to sleep. It works great during the day too.

    I'm a new follower on networked blog

    Regina
    www.thecrazynutsmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need to meditate as well. I managed to get in some positive visualization for a few minutes the other day. It did life my mood up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not so good at the meditating either, but I love my black out curtains that keep our bedroom like a dark cave to sleep;)

    ReplyDelete

love to hear your thoughts......

Pin It


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...