At the start of the year we all make resolutions MANY so unrealistic we brake them after the first week. So I set one to try out "NEW TO ME" things once a month. I had this >> post open for ideals (still feel free to add ) I got a few that I might have to try along with some of the ideals I already had.
One reader suggested journaling-- while it's not totally NEW because I kept a journal as a teen--that was a lifetime ago! I was planing on keeping a food journal. It is something I did before; I found taking the time to SEE what I'm putting into my body is a good motivator for me to CHANGE what goes in.
Keeping a journal for other random thoughts or following prompts never really crossed my mind. I first had to go out and find some cute journals--NOT a hard task at all-narrowing it down to just two for now that was the struggle!
- Write a thank you note to a friend who gave you onion and garlic-flavored chewing gum. journal writing prompts
- Draw an imaginary constellation. Write a story such as ancient people might have told about it.
- Describe a real made-up dream or nightmare.
- If you had to escort a visitor from outer space for a 30-minute tour of your community, where would you begin and end?
- Be a grape that becomes a raisin: describe how it feels to shrink, to shrivel, to become dry and wrinkled.
- My favorite way to spend the day is…
The topics are endless. I hope to keep this resolution- it can really be fun and will facilitate personal growth I'm sure. Do you/would you keep a journal?