UA-25542492-1

Press Release

For further information on having your product featured on my Blog- contact me; Pamela at mapam30@yahoo.com

Thank-you


Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

Officially, Memorial Day, observed on the last Monday of May, honors the war dead. Unofficially, the day is the start of summer-Today for our family we happen to feel the bitter -sweetness of this day all too well....last year at this time  my Uncle who was a WWII Vet passed aways.
 My daughters class took a trip to put flags at the graves -after last year, she feels the need more to honor the men and woman who have served.
 A national moment of remembrance takes place at 3 p.m. At Arlington National Cemetery, headstones are graced with small American flags.

I know at this time our family will take a moment too....as we all should -if its for family or not  we should be greatful for the freedon we are blessed with and those who gave it to us.
















4 comments:

  1. Amen to that! My grandfather passed away in 2007 and was buried in the veterns cemetary and the send off they gave him was beautiful. My family in New Jersey are going to the cemetary today to help put flags on all graves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!!!
    I am truly thankful for all who serve and sacrifice, not just the veterans but their families too. May we never forget that freedom comes at a cost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a wonderful memorial day weekend dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, I only learned this year about the moment of silence at 3:00. I think it is a wonderful way to help make this day keep its true meaning. Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear your thoughts......

Pin It


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...