UA-25542492-1

Press Release

For further information on having your product featured on my Blog- contact me; Pamela at mapam30@yahoo.com

Thank-you


Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 13 &14

I was inspired by Dr. Oz's 28-Day Plan(in January issue of O magazine) a list of meaningful and manageable steps you can make toward a fuller life.



I've started committing these small changes and hope to in courage you to take some if not all of these steps too.
I've  become a little slack in sharing them here but I've been doing my best to follow at home. 



But before I share day 13 & 14-- I've got to TOOT  my own horn a little--I was so thrilled with the 28 day plan I shared on O magazine.com--and they contacted me --I'm in the March issue "We hear you!" section!!!




Yeah Me!!! OK enough =^D

back to the 28 day plan...

Day 13  Count your paces.   10,000 steps a day can help with a great slim down and does wonders for your blood pressure. The average American woman walks only 4,900 steps. Find ways to add a few more-- I've started parking further away from the door at the market -lucky the winter has been very mild- I've even got a few brisk winter walks in. Clip on a pedometer and aim for 10,000 YOU'll SEE and FEEL RESULTS!!!

Here are a few that were recommended...


If you like data: fitbit


Wirelessly sync your pedometer with your computer to chart and graph every step taken and calorie burned on its robust site—and compare your data to other demographics. ($100; fitbit.com)



If you like simplicity: Omron

Long the gold standard for accuracy, Omron is the pedometer favored by Oprah's trainer, Bob Greene. Intuitive buttons and a large display make the HJA-301 model easy to use, and its memory lets you store a week's worth of data. ($40; omronwebstore.com)



If you like rewards: S2H Step

Hit 10,000 steps and you'll get a code to swap for points online. Rack up enough points and you can redeem them for a rotating list of prizes, like gift cards to Sears, Target, and Lowe's. ($25; s2h.com)







Day 14   Interview your Relatives.   Get your family heath history! Dr Oz's plan calls for looking into  family history for Hypertension,Heart Disease,cancers,and diabetes. I took in another direction also with my daughter and just asked about their lifestyle from years ago. My grandparents are in their mid 80's having them share what life was like in their teens, 20's and 30's was a real eye opener for my daughter and myself.













No comments:

Post a Comment

love to hear your thoughts......

Pin It


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...